1. Just Bree. Or Breezy.
2. Blog: Said Bree
3. What is your favorite genre to read? Your favorite genre to write? I am obsessed with anything apocalyptic, reading and writing. End of the world type stuff. But, I’m definitely more into the moments the actual shit hits the fan. It’s the beginning of it all that is the best. You know, the flashing of the lightbulbs over peoples heads as it finally dawns on them that today is not just another day.
4. What are your biggest pet peeves (in writers)? He said, she said, they all said, said, said. Pick a verb, any other verb. Or, even better, leave it off completely.
5. Is there a story you’ve always wanted to write, but never will? I’ve had one fleshed out since I was in high school that I would love to follow through on, but just can’t for some reason. Sad thing is, it had some real potential back before the friggin’ vampire craze. Now it’s totally done to death, and even though my plot is unique, just the word vampire gives me the heeby jeebies.
6. What do you want to improve on the most in your writing? I feel that I have a really hard time in describing my characters and surroundings through their actions, instead of “telling” you what they are doing. (ie: her scarf was blue, he went there, she did that).
7. Anything else we should know about you? I’ll probably be sorry I included this as a question. Most important thing: I want honest feedback. Not polite niceties so as not to hurt my feelings. Don’t lie to me. Don’t tell me it’s good when it’s not. I hate fake flattery. I want people to let me know that my dialogue was weak, my characters didn’t feel genuine or the writing was perfect but the story was downright boring. You can mix the good with the bad, but I want the truth and all of it. The more you tell me, the more I know which areas I do or don’t need to improve on.
Now that THAT is out of the way, let’s get on to the bigger things: I love pina coladas • Thunderstorms are my xanax • I have massive OCD • Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite TV show of all time (though Penny Dreadful runs a close second) • I wish I could do ecstasy every day • I am a Horror fiend • I am infatuated with Barry Allen (the actual fictional character as if he were a real person) • My biggest pet peeves in life are people who don’t take their garage sale signs down and people who don’t use their blinkers.